Her main area of practice is family law, which includes:
- child, and spousal support disputes;
- child custody, and access disputes;
- separation; and
- division of property/assets
Niaz is also experienced in drafting cohabitation agreements, prenuptial agreements, separation agreements, and wills.
Niaz is a confident advocate and litigator, with ample experience in court, having previously worked with one of Vancouver’s largest criminal defence firms, where she attended court on daily basis.
She represents clients in BC Provincial Court, and BC Supreme Court, but also knows when to prioritize alternative dispute resolution and promote amicable, cost-effective methods of reaching a result.
Niaz was called to the British Columbia Bar in 2017 after graduating from Bond University in Australia. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree (Major in Political Science) from the University of British Columbia.
Niaz is fluent in Farsi – With the ability to speak, read, and write in Farsi.
She enjoys yoga and jogging the sea wall in her spare time.
- University of British Columbia
- Bond University Australia
- Child, and spousal support disputes
- Child custody, and access disputes
- Separation; and
- Division of property/assets